Friday, January 22, 2016

8 Eneloop XX AA batteries for 20 bucks? What?

Rumor has it that the AmazonBasics AA High-Capacity Rechargeable Batteries are re-branded Eneloop XX. I don't know, but I run them side by side with XX and the regular Eneloops and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference without looking at the labels when I change them out. I like them. Do your research, but if you find that you believe it, get them. I did!

Of course, I needed a 12 slot charger for all of these batteries I have now. I got a FlePow 12 Bay / Slot AA AAA Ni-MH Ni-Cd LCD Fast Battery Charger. It also will discharge if needed. I've gone through a few cycles with it completely loaded down and it seems to be working just fine. Get's a little warm, but so does my expensive charger when I'm fast charging. It looks like there are a bunch of companies that have the same charger (from the pics, but I don't know) under different brands. I like it so far.

In the same order, I bought a battery caddy. The cases I have are a pain in the rear, so I thought I'd try this one out and so far, I'm liking it. It holds the batteries firmly and it is nice and compact.
 AmazonBasics AA High-Capacity Rechargeable Batteries (8-Pack) Storacell by Powerpax AA 12 Pack Battery Caddy

No comments:

Post a Comment