Friday, January 22, 2016

My Best Big Tripod

I have half dozen tripods, at least and I use two of them almost exclusively. This one for general work and a small Manfrotto for travel. This guy is pretty tough and stable. I only have one gripe. I have an earlier model of the grip, so I don't know if this has been addressed yet, but there are two ways to loosen the ball. One is a knob and the other is squeezing the grip. Now, when you tighten the knob enough to hold your big ole camera and lens, you have to squeeze the HELL out of the grip to get it to move. It's like those grip exercisers that the jocks walked around with when I was in high school.

I work around it by just getting used to using the knob and grip and kind of getting a balance between them. I haven't heard too many complain about this (maybe my hands are weak like child?), but it has been mentioned a couple times. Other than that, this thing does so much that I can overlook that, easily. Your mileage may vary. Definitely love this one and I'll not be replacing it any time soon. At around 250 bucks, it's a great tripod with a LOT of features and nice and stable!
 Vanguard Alta Pro 263AGH Aluminum Tripod Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment