Friday, January 22, 2016

Kit lens my arse!

This thing is pretty sharp and fairly fast. The OIS is also excellent. I am taking photos at night down to 1/15th without a problem. I am having better luck with this than any of my faster non-stabilized lenses, which I guess makes sense. However, it feels better because in order to work at these slow speeds, the ISO has to hold up, which it does in the X-T1 compared to my Nikon D7000.

The build quality is great. I don't really like the thin channels on the rings. Don't get me wrong, they feel good and work well, but tiny bits of gunk get in there and are a pain to get out for someone that is OCD like I am!

Out of the 5 Nikon lenses I run with, only one is variable aperture. Although I thought the f/2.8-4 would bother me, it really doesn't. I may lose a bit of DoF, but I don't have to squeeze every bit of light to get a good photo. Next lenses will be the 55-200mm f/3.5-4.8 and the one I'm really drooling over, the 56mm  f/1.2

I will have to say, I'm a little weirded out by the aperture ring not being marked and having stops at either end, but I'm living with it. Yet another thing to get used to.
 Fujinon XF 18-55mm f:2.8-4.0 R LM OIS Zoom Lens

No comments:

Post a Comment